Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microstation Text problems! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CME1

Mining
Jun 29, 2007
US
I have converted an AutoCAD 2004 file into Microstation V8. That works fine. But when I attach this file to another V8 file some of the text doesn't show. The text that does not show is a different font that the rest of the text that DOES show. I've tried matching the properties and font of the text that does show up but it still doesnt work? Can anyone help?

Thank You!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ok, I figured out my own problem. Changing the attached file from 3-D to 2-D seemed to do the trick. I thought I would answer in case anyone else was having this trouble.

in 3d sometimes you have to fit the entire view plane the little icon bottom left of screen that looks like a mountain range, for the full depth highest z to lowest z to be shown...
orelse you may have to change the active view depth to accomodate the changes in range.. look up help on active view depth... changing to 2d looses your RL's or Z values and in civil drafting we need this alot!.

I've got a problem with Microstation, could u help me?
I want to set all the text in the drawing in to an general type( the same with and height ).
Thanks! Emergency...

doiphudu00

1) select all of the text with a fence or the element selection arrow

2)change the selected text to one style and size with the "Change Text Attributes" tool.

Let me know if you need more information.
-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back