Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Microstation tiff image problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreyszig

Electrical
Jul 6, 2003
US
When I save plot to a tiff image in microstation using the Informatik Image Driver, some of the lines are missing in the tiff image and the quality is poor. Also when plotting a purely vector file to a tiff image, sometimes lines of dots appear. Can this problem be fixed by modifying the properties in the driver file? like font or line thickness etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes you can edit the driver.
Send me your email to architech@junkmail.com
Send me the driver you are using ...
In the meantime, as i look at it I will send you a driver I customized for myself. Maybe that will accomodate what you're doing now ...

Rich. [spin]

Sorry it's taken so long to reply to your email Archi Tech. I've had to do other work at the same time.
Yes it is Microstation J I'm working with, but I hadn't used it before 2 weeks ago.
I guess the problem here is the fact that there a drawings of all different sizes and finding a tiff plot driver which produces a good tiff image for all is hard.
One thing I've noticed is that any resolution over 300 produces blank squares on the bottom right of the tiff. Obviously being a memory problem I tweaked the memory settings in microstation, but had no luck.
I did get rid of the unwanted small dotted lines (apparently reference nodes) on the one of the purely vector drawings. This was achieved by turning off the patterns box under the settings -> view attributes options.

Thanks again for your help.

When I pull down my perefences FROM workspace ...
And highlight "MEMORY USAGE" ...

I have the following:
MAX ELEMENT CACHE = 10240
RESOURCE CACHE = 1024
UNDO BUFFER = 8000
FONT CACHE = 256

And....
conserve memory
disable OLE automation
Are *N*O*T* checked on.

These items are off.

See if that helps ...