Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microstation Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceA

Civil/Environmental
Sep 17, 2004
US
I am a young engineer, and my Project Manager informed me today that we will be using Microstation to prepare as-builts. i have some experience with Autocad, and virtually none with Microstation. Are there any suggestions as to which online tutorials or instructional booklets are beneficial?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think to start playing with the toolbars, tools and commands is a good idea.

Ciao.

Bentley has self-paced online eLearning that is free if your company has a certain number of licenses. Otherwise you can get stuff done while trying to figure MicroStation out by using AutoCAD commands prefixed by a /. Good luck!

Well hello young eng. If you go to the FWHA web site you will find alot of tutorials, primarially on civil, but still a good idea. Check Feds & State Agencies to see what they have. I know the FAA has a 500 pg book on their standards.
Regards,
Namdac

I know that Bently has a self learning tutorial. The Texas Dept. of Transportation uses that tutorial. Microstation is similar to AutoCAD, you just have to get used to it. Gook luck. It will probably take you months to fully learn the software.

thanks everyone for your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back