Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrate PMI from I-deas to NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

someonedflr

Automotive
Jan 14, 2014
US
Good Day,

My company is migrating from I-deas to NX some of our data. I ran into a problem while trying to migrate the PMI. Someone out there has done this before successfully? I already tried with a JT file, but I get a message saying that it was unable to create PMI objects from the info in the JT file, and some PMIs will be represented by assorted objects.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
(UG NX 7.5)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We successfully migrated most of our PMI from Ideas, much of it while on NX5. The Content Migration Manager for NX7.5 is much better than the NX5 version so I would not expect you to have any issues. Are you trying JTs because of problems with CMM?

Mike Hyde
NX8.5 with TC9.1

Thanks for your time Mike!

We have a migration dedicated team, so they migrated a complete assembly from I-deas to UG NX 7.5 using CMM. I'm not completely familiar with the process they have been following, but as the output for NX (with TC 8.3), when I open the assembly, some components (which in i-deas have nothing but points and PMIs) are not being created correctly, they seem to be empty. So, that's why I tried with JT.

Is there an specific process/configuration to follow in CMM in order to migrate PMI objects?

David Lopez

There is a 3D annotation option in the CMM settings which needs to be enabled to migrate the PMI. If this has not been set then the part can be remigrated to generate this information.

Check in the Migrated Items reference set as this may contain some missing features.

Mike Hyde
NX8.5 with TC9.1

The 3D annotation option was set in the CMM when the part was migrated, but it just generated some of the PMI notes and coordinate systems, no dimensions.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back