Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating to SolidEdge from SDRC I-deas 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tz101

Mechanical
Feb 11, 2005
US
Our company is preparing for a full migration to SolidEdge, and I have the following questions:

Does SolidEdge have tolerance analysis/optimization capabilities built into the out-of-the-box installation, or is an add-on program required?

Any good suggestions for 3rd party add-ons that run tolerance analysis/optimization nicely within SolidEdge?

How well does SolidEdge handle data translation between I-deas Master Series v 10m3 and SolidEdge? Do part files come through with all features intact? Do assembly files maintain their mate constraints? Do detail drawings keep their asssociativity back to their respective parts/assemblies?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Solid Edge does not have tolerance analysis module or any significant tools built-in to do extensive analyses. I am not sure if you can't just get away with excel and solid edge variables to do most of the analyses you are considering.

Here are some Voyager Partners that have Tolerance Analysis add-ons for Solid Edge.

New computer viruses? That could be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back