Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mine Planning - Load and Haul- Haulage profile vulcan- truck library settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOGUY

Mining
Aug 3, 2012
SN
Hi All,
I am trying to run a Route Cycle estimation within Maptek Vulcan Haulage profile module. When creating the truck library, there is a step where i am asked to define truck speeds uphill and downhill according to the grade of the road.also, the route delays related to the radius of curvature when turning and to the start when the truck iss leaving the Loading unit are asked.
Can somebody explain me first how to set up all these things and, if applicable, please tell me what is the rule for speed variation in case we have uphill, downhill, turning, or delays at stat compared to the known average truck speed in flat roads?
Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know what make of rock trucks you have, but if you have Cat, you can find much of that information in the Cat performance manual. Other manufacturers probably have something similar. If the manufacturer doesn't provide the information, a day with a stop watch timing trucks will. There is no "rule" you can apply because there are too many variables in the road, truck, and operator.

Thanks for your reply. I have got KOMATSU HD 785-7. 100Tons capacity dump trucks. anything else about komatsu HD 785-7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back