Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

minimum live load for tresury areas (in banks) 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

h1334b

Structural
Jan 13, 2006
IR
dear members
hi and happy new year. would you please guide me about the minimum live loads which should be considered in tresury and deposit ( safebox) areas in central office of banks?
have a nice day

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may want to check with them and determine an actual weight. Could be 100 psf or 400 psf depending on how high the piles of money are...

Dik

Heavy filing systems generally run around 200 to 250 psf. That value is also similar to commercial kitchens with heavy equipment. I would suggest at least 200 psf - but would definitely look into the actual weight of the containment drawers/boxes and estimate some contents to see how the load spreads out in a uniform value.

recently worked on an existing federal reseve bank and the floor design loads ranged from 250 psf to 600 psf depending if they were storing coin or not.

Definetly check with your client

regards,

I worked on a design of a payroll building - constructed of timber only. The safe was pretty heavy. The floor joists were 2x12 @ 8 in o.c. The joists were supported every 2 ft. I bet if you back-calculate you'll be in the ballpark of 400 psf or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back