Minnesota Solar

Status
Not open for further replies.

meatballion

Electrical
Aug 11, 2004
US
Hello all!

I have just got a job designing altrnative power systems for a firm in Minnesota. I left the process control field, Asphalt actually, to follow a dream.
I am really interested in hearing about anyones experiences building any PV, Solar Thermal, Wind, and other "green" systems. I'd especially be interested to hear about anyone combining alternative energy and alternative archeticture in the colder climes and problems/kick-ass-ness of your experience.
Good Luck

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How about "CHP" gasification ??

I'm running a 300KwT woodchip driven Downdraft Gasifier in CHP mode, plumbed to a Chev 350, using the water jacket as heat for the shop, house, and DHW, using the shaft power for a Kohler 40KwE AC generator.

Roughly 50lbs/hr to heat 3500 sq. ft AND all the hot water we can use, AND the better portion of our electricity when the outdoor air temp is -40f.

Once it gets warmer, we switch over to a "co-combustor" that provides heat only in spring and fall.

All of this is 90% + automated, All I have to do is grease some fittings now and then, and fill the 4 ton hopper bottom bin with wood chips every week or so.

Regards,
Greg,

Called "Mr. Fusion" by the Locals :)

Hi "KRB"

What Portion, the actual gasifier or the entire system, or what?

I have 100's of pictures, can you be a little more specific ?

Regards,
Greg,

Greg,

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, but I would like to see a picture of the whole system to get an idea of what it looks like and how it works. If possible, e-mail them to me at blackwell_kev@yahoo.com.

Thanks
KRB

Jay,

Because of copyright & patent, I can only show you this

this is a "test unit" that I am developing for use on a 1/2ton in lieu of gasoline, as far as the rest of "gasification" there are 100's if not 1000's of websites that deal with the method.

My own "CHP" system is as we speak being tested for emissions & burn time, etc. until this is complete, I would rather only show you what I have stated above (sorry), BUT as you can see, the system DOES work, and very effectively, I might add.... :)

Regards,
Greg,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back