Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mirror of sweep feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

yaa its working when i tried it with diffrent cross-section and path.
But for this case While i mirrored the sweep feature it shows the message(Pattern for a sweep with guide curves is not currently supported without the geometry pattern option. Try using the geometry pattern option)and when i proceed with geometry pattern an error displayed as The selected features could not be patterned using a geometry pattern. Deselect the Geometry pattern check box.I made the sweep feature with a guide curve.

regards,
ved prakash
Globalsoft Pvt. Ltd.
India

You might try mirroring the resulting body, instead of the mirroring the feature.

-or-

Breate a swept surface, mirror the surface body, and then create solids from the surfaces.

[bat]If the ladies don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.[bat]

Allot of sweeps won't mirror if they include a guide curve. It's really tricky working w/ them sometimes. My current part includes 10 vents, and then I have a mirrored part that also includes 10 of them. Each vent requires two sweeps to create them correctly, and allot of playing to get those to work right. The first half of the vent created fine, patterned, and mirrored okay. However w/ the second sweep I had to create all 20 of them individually.
Your best bet is probably to just play around w/ it some and hope for the best, or send it off to your VAR for some help. There are times when it just ISN'T going to work, and other times it's just tricky. Good luck, but whichever way it turns out you might be able to use that experience to come up w/ a new way of creating it so that it will mirror next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back