MISSING DATABASES ERROR 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EAengineering07

Mechanical
Dec 1, 2022
US
Hello,

I hope this is the appropriate forum to post this in. I work for a small Engineering firm, and we have upgraded one of our pc's recently. My boss thought moving Risa 3D (version 11) to our new computer would be as simple as moving the folder containing all of the applications files to a flash drive and then onto the new pc. Upon doing this, plugging in the sentinel key and opening the program, an error appears stating "the following databases are missing:" and list all of the .fil files that are missing (example: aiscdb32.fil, aisidb32.fil, etc.). RISA 3D then shuts down. I have checked the RISA file containing the application and the .fil files are located in it. I have looked all over the internet for some solution and have found nothing.

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?
Or is this a case where we need to bite the bullet and upgrade to the newest version of RISA?
Any and all help is much appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yeah, I'm no expert on the situation, but generally speaking you can't just move programs over in that way. If you could get ahold of the original V11 installation file, you should be able to re-install it appropriately.

But I'd also suggest upgrading just so you've got the most up to date version designing to the new building codes. Otherwise what are you using it for?

Re-install the software in full.

Risa stores the database files in another folder it was probably missed during the copy. You can also specify which folders RISA looks for database files.

Thank you both for the replies!

Im the new guy, and they plan on me taking over in a few years so I will mention and push for the newer version. Again, thank you both!

EAengineering07 -

Some thoughts:
1) Hopefully you have a copy of the v 11 install routine. If not, RISA may (or may not) be able to provide you with one. That's your best step if it's available.

2) If not, then I could probably help. Let's say you install RISA into the C:\Program Files \ RISA folder, this is a protected location for Windows. Therefore, RISA cannot use this for temporary files, or any files that the user can change / modify.... like databases. Note: that there are copies of all of these files there. But, there will also be a copy of those files in a directory associated with the user profile.

3) I can usually find these files under the Documents \RISA folder on the old computer. You should copy that folder from the old computer to the new computer in that same location.

4) I should mention that this isn't a "perfect" solution because it still probably means that you won't have all the registry settings that normally get set during installation. But, it may be enough to solve your problem.

RISA_Path_user_profile_nq9nyq.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back