mixing time calculations of jet mixers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo.kazemi

Mechanical
Jan 14, 2017
IR
hello

how can you calculate the time mixing of 250 m3 storage tank with a high viscosity liquid (350 cp)using the jet mixer?

Good luck,

mohsen

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The starting point is that you must know the amount of flow that you are putting through the jet mixer.

Regards
Ashtree
"Any water can be made potable if you filter it through enough money"

Have you selected a jet mixing correlation? If so, please share it.

Good luck,
Latexman

To a ChE, the glass is always full - 1/2 air and 1/2 water.

I have experienced the same problem. I ran the numbers on your tank in my spreadsheet. Jet mixing works best when the jet Reynolds Number and tank Reynolds Number are both turbulent. The best I could do was the tank was laminar and the jet was transitional. It doesn't look good for jet mixing. It's too far removed from the design basis. Have you considered a mechanical agitator?

Good luck,
Latexman

I didnt considered agitator.in my study, jet Reynolds Number is approximately 2000.based on your experiencs, which one equation can I apply for solution of this problem, do you have applicabe document to help me?
Good luck,
mohsen

Yes, I got a jet Reynolds Number of 1480 for a 1.61 inch nozzle outlet diameter. Our design guidelines on jet Reynolds Number are > 10,000, if possible. No, my spreadsheet/technology belongs to the company and their fluid flow technologist. The reference given is Mixing in the Process Industries 2nd Ed. by Harnby, Edwards, and Nienow.

Good luck,
Latexman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back