Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modal Analysis Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

flacrkr

Industrial
Aug 5, 2003
US
I am looking into purchasing modal analysis software for use with industrial vibration monitoring. Anybody have suggestions,opinions, links etc. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

MTS is my preference from hammer testing through single-point and multi-point random to normal mode tuning. If you need large channel counts, <1000, look no further.

They also have a correlation product for test v. test, test v. analysis and analysis v. analysis correlation.

Flacrkr,
We have had LMS Cada-X for five years and it has been nothing but trouble. The US tech support is the worst that I have encountered. MikeyP has helped me out in the past an his recommendations are very good but I would not recommend Cada-X to anyone.

BJP

We have used LMS Cada X for the last 11 years and the support (admittedly mostly by phone or email) has been excellent. Expensive, but excellent.

I wouldn't particuarly recommend it for the original poster's job, but for automotive NVH it has allowed us to things that were just pipe-dreams before.

Cheers

Greg Locock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back