Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Model containing shell and solid elements - results viewing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetrGrygar

Mechanical
Mar 4, 2013
CZ
Hi,
I would like to ask you guys a simply question. I have a model containing shell elements and solid elements. Is there a way, how to view results in both parts in same time? I am using FEMAP ofcourse.
I wolud be grateful for any answer, thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

the only result they have in common is deflection.

look at the choices for "contour data" ... beam internal loads and stresses, or plate internal loads and stresses ... i think plotting the both together would be too confusing.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

my apologies, i confused this question with another thread ('bout beam and plates) ...

both plates and solids elements should plot as "plate", no?

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Hi PetrGrygar,

If i well understand your question; you want to visualise the results on both solid and plate elements without changing the contour manytime.

All you have to do is checking the additional elements data under select contour options. And then you will see that both Plate and Solid von Mises stress will appear (you can select all data you want). (I joined a screen shot of the command)

i hope that was helpful

Best Regards.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4cc42c1e-b32f-467a-920e-bc11e7d0e480&file=ENGTIPS.JPG
Hi Compositecurves,
I appreciate your reply and i think you understood my question correctly. Essentially, all i want to do, is in one image, show the solid von Mises stress and for example plate top von Mises stress. Is that possible? I looked in Select Contour Option menu, and in FEMAP 11 it's appear slightly different then in your screen.

Thanks for help.

Hi PetrGrygar,
It is possible to show multiple contour in same view (also in version 11). I think this is the path you are looking for:
Press F5 --> Deformed and Contour Data --> Multiple Contour Vectors
You have now possibility to choose three different contour. For example solid von mises and plate top von mises stress. So you don't have to choose all three.
Press OK three times and you have view with multiple contour.

Best Regards
VonFea

Hi PetrGrygar
Although the name is "multiple contour vectors" it doesn't mean that you can only show vectors. You can choose for example solid von mises stress and plate top von mises stress. And the result is multiple colored contours in a same view.

Best Regards
VonFea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back