Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Model Rendering (Update Display) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrittToolEngineer

Aerospace
Aug 4, 2016
US
Greetings:

I find that when I'm modeling, the holes that are created often turn into big segments, not showing the true hole until I right click and update display. Is there a setting for more precise rendering that will eliminate some of this? I do understand that this may take more memory; however, we have great computers. Just looking for high definition on screen at all time.

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Menu -> preferences -> visualization -> faceting
Expand the "part settings" and "shaded views" section of the dialog if necessary and change the "facet scale" option to "view", "update" option to "visible objects", and turn on the "align facets along edges" option. Try that for a while to see if you like it. If it is still too coarse, you can choose a different resolution option.

These settings are part specific (saved with each individual part) so when you find a combination that works for you, open your templates and make the change there. When the options are saved with the templates, new parts created from the template will inherit the settings.

www.nxjournaling.com

Could someone point me in the direction of info on these templates? I start a new model file or drafting file each time I start a project and it seems like this is a much better standard. Do I have a template for modelling and one for drafting, or how do people like to set that up?

PhoeNX PLM has some excellent videos about drafting template files and how to set them up.

If you have questions after watching the videos, I'd suggest starting a new thread. A new thread with a descriptive title will give your question(s) more visibility; otherwise, they will be hidden away in a thread about jagged edges in the modeling application.

www.nxjournaling.com

I created the videos that Cowski refers to. The video series is specifically about drafting templates, because that was a hot item with my customers.
However there's a video there on PAX files which doesn't cover modeling, but might give some pointers on how to proceed.

Admittedly I should create a video on modeling templates, but I haven't had quite the demand for that one.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX11 with almost every MR (24versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back