Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

model transition using variable area? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjjason

Mechanical
Aug 17, 2001
US
I need to create a fluid transition from a circular to rectangular cross section using a predetermined varying cross sectional area (using a formula). How do I go about creating this?
The initial circular-rectangular blend is achievable, I don't know how to integrate the cross sectional area factor into the model, though.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In Pro/E it is not possible to give direct value of cross section area to geometry. You will have to calculate radius or length/breadth of section entities. Then by dividing geometry into equal no. entities you can blend the section. N P Singh

It is possible in pro/e.
you should use the relation functionality of pro/e. First create parameters for Area,Perimeter etc for all the required sections.Then add these relations
(for rectangular section):
area = ??
perimeter = ??
SOLVE
d#*d# = area
2*(d# + d#) = perimeter
FOR d# d#
(?? in place of this you should use your data and # in place of this you should use your dim symbol)
Do this thing for second section also and blend them.

I can get the transition to work for both a uniform area and a linearly varying area, but I require an exponentially varying cross-sectional area.

Thanks for the input.

you need to pro/program your specifications & try to define the rationally/exponentially varing cross-sectional area with respect to the blend lengths between the respective cross-sections. This may help out.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back