Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Model Tree Folders?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlyx

Mechanical
Nov 25, 2003
US
Coming from the ::gulp:: SolidWorks world I was used to having the ability to create sub-folders in the model tree of a top level assembly and organizing parts, sub-assemblies and fasteners into sub-groups and minimizing the folders so you don't have a line entry showing for each and every part/sub-assembly in the model tree (like all the fasteners). Is there any way to do a similar thing in Inventor 8 like create folders in the model tree and migrate items into them just as an organizational (or visual) tool???

Thanks in advance.

p4.gif
~ Phlyx ~

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Sean. Were you talking of the Assembly Tree program? That outputs the tree to an external file, I was looking to see if there was any way to create folders IN the assembly tree. If you run SolidWorks 2004 you'd see what can be done where you can create folders within the tree and move components into the folders. Doesn't affect the assembly at all, just visually organizes the tree view.... like you could create a folder called FASTENERS and move all the fastener parts into that folder so you don't have a bazillion parts in your tree structure view unless you open all the folders.

Thanks.

p4.gif
~ Phlyx ~

Does *ANYONE* have an add-on or anything that would allow you to organize the model tree in an assembly (IAM) file so things are not so cluttered up? SolidWorks does this and Inventor doesn't do anything. For example I have a massive assembly and would like to group together all the parts that make up the guarding, put all the fasteners together, etc.

Any help?????

p4.gif
~ Phlyx ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back