Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

model tree icons are not shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

petekno

Mechanical
Oct 21, 2005
US
Hi. I've moved my seat of wildfire 2.0 onto a new computer. Everyting works, but the model tree doesn't look the same. The icons that identify features, parts and assys do not appear. It is very hard to quickly see if something is suppressed or if it is a datum plane or a curve, etc.

I'm using the same config.pro and config.win files as before.... I don't use a tree.cfg file.

Can anybody help?

thanks!
Pete

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We use a tree.cfg file
Go to the -Settings, -Tree Filters and make sure features are turned on. Save settings file to a location.

Use config.pro option
mdl_tree_cfg_file and browse to that location.

Yes, features are turned on, everything is (suppressed, incomplete, etc). The items all show up in the model tree, they just don't have their icons. :(

Thanks for your help. Maybe it is a graphics card issue?

Pete

Hmm,

Most of the newer high end cards have application settings.

We use nividia FX series
and set the app setting
to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire

Is the new computer the same OS? That can have an effect on how icons are displayed. We did have 1 user, out of 45, who lost his icons, but we never figured out why. Hard to troubleshoot as he is in India.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

I've been looking around for a config.pro or windows graphics card setting, but still can't find anything dealing with the icons of the model tree. Unfortunately, my support contract with PTC has expired, so I can't search their database of questions... :( It's not worth $4000 to me to solve this. Does anybody out there have any suggestions?

thanks!
pete

Here is something

Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Quadro FX 1400 Tab/OpenGL Settings
There is an area that says "Custom OpenGL applications setting"

This is set to Pro/e or wildfire.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success." - Henry Ford

Thanks Heckler. I had looked at that too. My laptop has an ATI Mobility FireGL graphics card, with 128 MB. I had set the configuration profile to Pro/E wildfire. That does the following:
does enable 8 bit double buffered overlay planes
doesn't force copy swap
doesn't wait for vertical retrace
does enable OpenGL hardware acceleration

Do you think there is any info available from PTC on this? I'm thinking of asking a friend to search the ptc site for links.

thanks again
pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back