Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MODELER ERROR: LIST CONTANS DEAD OR INVALID TAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGDAVE

Mechanical
Jan 29, 2004
US
In trying to mirror a group of features I get an error that reads "MODELER ERROR: LIST CONTANS DEAD OR INVALID TAG". I am in contact with GTAC, but as of now they have been no help. Have any of you encountered this error?
Thanks,
Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yep, I've run into that error several times.

I've tried to repeat it, and it seems like it is feature specific, and only happens if I make a change that renders a feature useless on down the tree...

Are you using NX3?

Regards,
Grant
Aerospace Engineer

See if you can extract the features & then mirror the extraction. I'm not too sure if that will work or not, but was recommended to me when some of the Grouped Features failed in an array.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

I have also run into this issue quite a time back, like V18. Well I tried everything, copy feature, mirror and I even exported the data and the "missing" feature went with it. The exported file had 100 features listed and when I updated it would give me an error on feature 400. I gave up at that point and just unparameterized the data and lived with the dumb data.

Sorry I couldn't help but some support, ;-)

Ross Parpart
Product Design Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back