Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modeling a fan in floworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hblock

Automotive
Nov 2, 2006
US
Looking for help in modeling a radiator fan in COSMOS FloWorks. I can't seem to get this set up properly. The result I'm looking for is similar to figure 5 in the following pdf.

I would like to have velocity traces of the flow coming off the fan blades. The biggest problem I'm having is whether it should be internal or external. (I'm assumng external) I also can't seem to get the rotating regions specified. (global or local) Global dosen't give the results I'm looking for and I can't seem to get it to recognize and surfaces in the local setting and thus the solver won't even start. Any help would be appreciated or if anyone has a template for this type of study. Thanks.

PS
Can anyone recommend a good reference book/guide for this program?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does anyone know what version of CFW had this rotatingflow.pdf tutorial because I too would like to look closer at this ?

Thomas

This function has been in CFW for quiet sometime. It is described well in the documentation and there is a tutorial too. The documentation and tutorails are not in the most accessible place. Look for these in a folder called 'lang' in the FloWorks installation folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back