Modeling Tracked Vehicle Without ATV Toolkit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam_Boch

Mechanical
Apr 16, 2022
IL
Hey Guys,

Looking for the most efficient way to model Tracked vehicle on adams view without the ATV toolkit.
The straight forward approach I've experienced with is to create joint between all track links and the create contact between each link and all contacting bodies (driver wheel, tension wheels and ground)

any advice will be appreciated
Thank you,
Sam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey Greg thank you

My approach worked for me in the past but it has much room for errors in missing some contact and joint definitions.

I'll make sure to look the use of timing chains, from your experience is it possible to define a contact between the chain and ground ? I want to model track behavior

Samuel

Hey Guys,

I succeeded to model a tracked vehicle and define all the contacts quite easily using Greg's advice on numbering system.
the procedure was defining the hardpoints for all wheels and track links , model one link in AView and Copy it around using simple parametrization and define joint between all links.
Its working good and not very demanding on the computer.
I'm currently using GSTIFF SI2 integrator and my runs collapse many times,
Any advice on solver definitions when using many contacts in a model? accuracy can be compromised for most of the runs I'm planning to do.

Thanks,

Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back