Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Models of PVC components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris

Mechanical
Sep 4, 2004
US
Good morning.

Can someone tell me where to get models of standard PVC plumbing components?

I am looking to standard stuff like pipe, 90 elbows, 45 elbows, tees. wyes. Various sizes, 1 1/2" 2", 3"

Thanks.

Ferris.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

earlier this year I sent an e-mail to Spears Mfg. requesting any models they could send me. After faxing back a confidentiality agreement they sent me almost all there fittings as IGES files. Because I was setting up SW routing they only helped me for reference.

Yes, I tried 3Dcontentcental. I only found a couple fittings that were provided by users and they were not the types I was looking for.

These are pretty standard items, I'm surprised they aren't easy to find.

McMaster-Carr has started to offer SW models as a download option on a few items. Most of the time you will have to settle for a step file but occasionaly you will find an actual SW model available for D/L.

Yep, tried McMaster-Carr as well. Nothing. I was kind of surprised at that. They have models of most standard hardware.

Maybe I've got a buddy that is a plumber. Maybe I'll see if he can get me dimensional info.

A little off topic, but I got some respect from my bud's in the construction trades a few years ago. They had to build some realtively tricky stairs. I modeled them and made detailed prints of stringers, steps and a landing. I pre cut a bunch of wood and simply put it together. They were shocked.

Anyway, if anyone else gets any ideas, let me know.

I recently received from my technical rep from Spears a CD containing a technical information program of all Spears components including fittings, valves, flanges etc. It also contained an application for 2D/3D import of these items into the AutoDesk product, but also seemed to have an solid models in IGES for import. I have yet to fully install the library modules but you may want to look into obtaining it. Not sure how integrated it is setup for SW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back