Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modicon 584 programming software

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidvinch

Electrical
Nov 13, 2003
US
Hello,My electrical Studies class was recently donated two Modicon 584 plc's. Does anyone have any programming software ,even old DOS type that they would donate? I have Eaton D100,200,500 DOS software that I could trade.
Regards,
Dave
email dvinch@zoominternet.net

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We use a P190 dedicated programmer for this PLC system so cant help I'm affried but if you can find n of these programmers that would do you.

I would say that toi be given atwo 584 systems is not so much a gift as someone trying to find a home for a very large paper weight eh ;-)

I have just been though the back of our stores and we seem to have a couple of P190 programmers in there let me know if you need one maybe we can help.

Thank You tsection for your post. A dedicated programmer would be a great addition , please keep our class in mind. Some people have told me that PPG is just giving us these " large paperweights" for tax reasons. I dont feel that way. What you learn on does not necessarily have to be the latest model when there is so much the old machines still have to offer. Of course I use old computers at home too as they are often free for the taking.
Regards,
Dave

davidvinch

It would seem that the people with the purse strings here are not playing, many apologies for getting you hopes up there.

You are of course right in as much as learning is learning and is always beneficial. Some features of the Modicon stuff are particularly clever, but the 584 system is particularly large.

Best of luck with it

Nick

Thanx Tsection.
Let me know if there is any change or if someone stubs their toe on one of the back room decorations at your shop.
Regards,
Dave

Taylor had an old DOS-BASED system called Pro Worx for 984-584. The disks I have is by Schnider Electric. It is compatible with all PC OS from DOS 3.0/Windows 3.1 up to Windows 2000.
THAT IS A FACT. I USE IT NOW. I have unable to get files to access using Windows XP, however there is a rumor that if the Files are modified in some way, Pro Worx can run on XP OS as well. The P190 uses RS232 null modem with hardware handshaking. Just make a DB9-DB25 pin null modem adapter & connect to the DB-25 to Military connector provided with the Modicon PLC. Then you can use any Desktop PC or laptop with standard serial port.

Thank You all for your help, I am discontinuing this thread however. I went to pick up the Modicon 584 the other day and was faced with 6 pallet loads of HUGE PLC.Our school has no room for such a monster and it was one of those all or nothing deals so ,unfortunately, it all went in the dump.By the way I did get a coy of proworx nxt if anyone wants it.
regards,
Dave

Davidvinch,

Yep its a biggie ant it!

I wouldn't mined a copy of ProWorx myself if its knocking about, thats very kind of you. Could you email it to me or would you like a postal address?

Nick

tsection,
you can download a fully functional trial from modicon's website.and you can find all the manuals still available for download from telemecaniques site. Just type proworx nxt into google and it will point you.If you want to do more with it I believe there is a workaround for the trial limitations available on overnet. I have of course not used any of this so cannot speak to its actual function. I deleted all the files from my computer when I came home after looking at it.It's too bad I hated to see it go in the bin. If i had my way and the means it would have been preserved as I have a fondness for old equipment.
regards,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back