Modify quick access bar with .men file

Status
Not open for further replies.

RvdL

Mechanical
Jun 1, 2022
NL
Hello,

For our company I want to make some custom modifications to the NX menu with some .men and .rtb/.tbr files placed in the site-standards directory UGII_SITE_DIR\startup. I basically want to do the same as described in thread561-394725, but a solution was not provided other then changing the functionality of the Save option in all menu's, which I don't want.

I want to do the following:
[ol ]
[li]Exchange the quick access bar general "Save"-button (UG_FILE_SAVE_PART) with the "Save work part only"-button (UG_FILE_SAVE_WORK_ONLY)[/li]
[li]I also would like to add some custom buttons to the quick access bar.[/li]
[li]Add accelerators to the custom function.[/li]
[/ol]

I tried to achieve this, but somehow it is not working out and it is either not functioning or giving error messages.

I already managed to change the accelerator for the Save and Save-workpart-only function in a .men file:

Code:
VERSION 139
EDIT UG_GATEWAY_MAIN_MENUBAR

MODIFY

BUTTON UG_FILE_SAVE_PART
	ACCELERATOR

BUTTON UG_FILE_SAVE_WORK_ONLY
	ACCELERATOR Ctrl+S

END_OF_MODIFY

As well as adding a custom company ribbon:
.rtb:
Code:
TITLE COMPANY
VERSION 170

GROUP  COMPANY.tbr

.tbr:
Code:
TITLE Custom
VERSION 170
DOCK NO

BUTTON Custom function 1
LABEL Custom function 1
BITMAP  ${UGII_SITE_DIR}\bitmaps\Custom_function_1.bmp
ACTION ${UGII_SITE_DIR}\journals\Custom_function_1.vb

It is intended to work in Native NX 2007.

Does anyone have any idea how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is there a good reason for this change ?

The UIF has changed quite a lot between NX8.5 and NX2007, in NX8.5 there was no "ribbon" but a more classic user interface.
the linked thread was posted 2014.

In NX 10.0 and later versions, there is the "Ribbon bar user interface" and as such it introduced a series of new files for the user interface.
The syntax is pretty similar inside, but they do different things.

.rtb creates a tab ( probably "RibbonTaB)
which refers to :

.tbr which are the groups on the tab ( (ToolBaR)
Which can contain :

.gly ( Gallery) which is smaller pulldown dialogs in the .tbr's

And there is also
.abr which is a "border bar"
which is a toolbar that docks along one of the sides of the graphics area.

As you have noticed , there is also the .men where the accelerators are set. It also controls the "Menu" pulldown + file pulldown.
2022-06-01_18-29-05_tml1s1.jpg

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Main reason is that we want to make it less easy for engineers to use the standard save option. They would usually open an assembly and work in certain parts, only we want to prevent that they save parts that they are not working on. Meanwhile we do not want to entire block the standard Save function when pressed in the main menu.

Any idea how to modify the quick access bar in the latest NX versions?

So in the latest version of NX it is indeed true that the interface changed a lot, I remember working in NX4. For the better I would say, except that I am always searching for commands and then found out that I am not in modeling or such :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back