Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modifying a detail view (NX5 drafting) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster29

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2008
US
I have an existing circular detail view, and I want to modify the size and location of the reference circle, but I can't remember how. Grrr.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My answer is for NX6, but the procedure may apply to NX5 as well.

Right click on the boundary of the detail view (the boundary of the actual detail view, not the representation on the parent view), select edit and there will be options to change the center point (location) and boundary point (size).

It's funny, I had to do the exact same thing this morning also.

1. Select view -> MB3 -> View Boundary
2. Select boundary
3. Enlarge view boundary to a point to where you want to place a new anchor point.
4. Select "Anchor point" within existing view boundary window, select new anchor point at new location.
5. You will notice an existing point for the center of the boundary. You will have to click and drag this also. The anchor point and the view boundary center are 2 different things.

This is the way I did it this morning. Hope it helps.

Allen

speedster29 said:
I don't know why this isn't in the help files.

Actually it is.

When the 'View Boundry' dialog comes up, press the 'F1' key and the help file for this dialog will be displayed. At the bottom left corner of the page there will be a list of additional topic, one being 'Edit Circular Detail View Boundary'. Select it and you will get a page with basically the same directions as albates1972 posted.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

OK, I'll change my comment to "I don't know why it isn't in the Detail View help files."

I'm still having difficulty dragging the diameter of the detail circle in the parent view. If the detail view border is changed from the default circle to "manual rectangle", you apparently lose the ability to drag the circle.

Instead of clicking and dragging, just pick the existing point and move.

This will correct the view boundary type back to "break/line detail".

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back