Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modifying part in the assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadquestion

Industrial
Nov 1, 2020
US
I'm new. Just a couple basic questions...

I created an assembly with two parts. I used assembly cut to create a hole. I want to now change the diameter of the hole. If you make the cutting tool part the work part and change the diam all works well and the assembly rebuilds correct. If you instead close the assembly, open the tool part separately and modify the diam, save, then open the assembly again it has not rebuilt the part nor does refresh rebuild the part.

Should you only be modifying assembly parts inside the assembly via 'make work part' or is there a workflow I am missing.

thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It might depend on your company setup of NX.
It is not uncommon that the administrators on NX set it such that you need to go "Menu- Tools- Update- Update model"
- because the "Menu-tools-update- interpart Update- delay links" is set.
This is because , if you have complex structures and "n" links depending on other parts, you want "to be in charge" when NX updates all these links.
Is this is "not set" NX will update everything when loading and you might loose the overview of what updated and what did not.

Regards,
Tomas

You need to force an update of the views on your drawing.
When the menu pops up be sure to select all the views in the list.
The views can be set to update automatically, but usually it is turned off.
Capture_feuadf.jpg

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1884

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back