Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moisture Eliminating Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

supaman79

Mechanical
Jul 26, 2004
US
Guys,

My boss is having me install a First Co. AHU to an in-ground pool located in a pool room, ground level. Although they have a mechanical pool cover, I'm concerned about the humidity levels in the space. In addition to this, we are ducting the space from underneath the concrete slab using PVC. The million dollar question is, will moisture be a problem when it gets back to the AHU? I assume a standard filter will trap that moisture and form mold problems. Are there any filters out there that provide moisture elimination safely?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You'll need some type of dehumidification equipment upstream of the filters: mechanical or chemical. Plenty of choices, the question is which will work with the AHU that's been specified.

Standard engineering assumption is to go with the Farr 30/30 or the Farr RigaFlo. These filters do not do well will moisture as they produce effluent droplets concentrated with chlorides and phosphates. The Farr AeroPac (fiberglass, wet-laid media) is a better option for moisture-ridden air...

But your concerns run deeper. Don't rely on the filter bank as a humidity filter. Please post more detail regarding your application...

Tx, -CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back