Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mold Tool Catalog Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

StJudas

Aerospace
Apr 2, 2013
US
In order to save some time per design I'd like to set up some Mold Tooling catalogs that are specific to our practices and designs and cut down on hole creation/component placement time. Unfortunately, the default catalogs don't really fit our needs. I'm looking to do things like SHCS, drill bushings, slip fit bushings, etc but I'm not sure how to create the features on a product level for the catalog. Could anyone explain how that is done easily or else direct me towards some literature that would allow me to figure it out?

Mold Design: Pro Engineer
Product Design: Solidworks
Aircraft Tooling: Catia V5

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As far as general catalog creation that those appear to describe I've got a pretty good handle on that. I've created about 20 or 30 catalogs myself. However we have the Mold Tools package of CATIA, which allows the catalog files to put holes into the parts you select as intersections. I'm trying to figure out how to add those features to a catalog file as we have specific parts that aren't available in the CATIA provided catalog. See the image below for the types of "bodies" I want to add.

Mold Design: Pro Engineer
Product Design: Solidworks
Aircraft Tooling: Catia V5

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=bbbeb31b-d5e5-4d87-9e39-a41c010e17da&file=Mold_Tool_Part.PNG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back