Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mold Tool Feature In Solidworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

spech

Mechanical
Jan 8, 2007
US
Hi All,
How do I use the Mold Tools in Solidworks. Does anyone has any information or tutorial on this feature in Solidworks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check your Tutorials section within SW--great way to make the most of that tool (how I learned). Also, for more complex items, such as creating your own (custom) shut-off surfaces or pulls, search Help within SW to find additional info.

The Tutorials are located in the little Home icon in the upper right area of your viewport within SW. Click the Home Icon, then Online Tutorials, then Mold Design for a great selection to start with.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

I usually use the CAVITY command, It works better than the Solidworks indicated commands, but you tell by yourself.

----------
SolidWorks Help-Center
Santo André, Brazil...
-> <-

I did the Cavity feature all the time previously (long before they added the new split lines, shut-offs, etc.) After going through the SW tutorials and then cross-referencing with the Help files, however, I really like the "new" stuff.

I'll often pre-scale my part at the shrink rate needed, and then set into creating the core/cavity/pull features as needed. One reason I like the new SW features for molds is because I can create my own parting surfaces, custom, and use those to separate my core from cavity parts. (Takes some digging in the Help to find out how to do that, but it works very well.)

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

Thank you guy for the informative information. Especially,
SBaugh. I use the SW tutorial and got some feedback. But, somehow I can't seperate the core from the cavity. I create my parting line, then the shut off surface then invoke my parting surface and when it's time to split the core from the cavity the dialog box indicate no knit surface. what I am doing wrong. Do I need to invoke a mold base before starting the mold spliting process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back