Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Monowing Precast Sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaughan25

Civil/Environmental
Jan 11, 2013
US
Does anyone have any load tables for the attached monowing precast section?

20" deep x6'-1" wide

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

These sections are used for a floor. They are supported by concrete walls. I so not know size or location of reinforcement just the general dimensions of the monowing as previously attached

Are they used all across the floor or just on the edge? I expect that it is just on the edge and beyond that would be standard double tees.

Load tables would not help much if you don't know the reinforcement. They are likely pre-stressed but each manufacturer uses different arrangements of pre-stressing strand, different depths and different concrete strengths. Some use lightweight concrete whereas others use standard weight.

The attached link provides some information about double tees, but as can be seen, the allowable load depends on the arrangement of strands.

BA

http://www.cementindustries.com/Pdfs/2.%20C.I.%20Double%20Tee%20Information.pdf
Yeah that it is the problem. Our client has not shop drawings of the monowings. There are no double tees on this job. It was built in 1968.

Thanks for the help

We usually undertake limited-scope semi-destructive investigation on precast prestressed sections where the shop drawings are not available.

Usually a combination of subsurface radar then some selective probing to expose the strands. Patch back after recording the dia, spacing etc.

Takes an experienced operator to expose strands without damaging them. Tread cautiously! Sometimes the strands are 'slipped' (or debonded) near supports depending on transfer conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back