Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Montemayor

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneCold

Chemical
Mar 11, 2003
US
Good to see you back I was worried you were not well.
I look forward to reading more of your advice.

Thank you for what you contribute here.

StoneCold

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Stone:

Thanks a lot for your concern. It means a lot.
I don't know how you deduced it, but I was down with a serious case of pneumonia and came close to "shuting down the shop" and finally "going home". I was laid up for 6 weeks and am still recovering. I am back walking a mile a day, working towards my normal 4-5 miles a day.

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Regards
Art Montemayor

Art,

I had posted a search question regarding your whereabouts in a private forum, but nobody seemed to know.

I noticed you posting lately too. Glad to see you back.

How did you fare in hurricane Rita?

rmw

rmw:

Thank you. It's very therapeutic to hear you've been missed. It's a sign that one has friends - and that's priceless.

I did well during both blows. I was born and raised in Galveston, TX so at 68, I'm well versed in Hurricanes and their statistical history. I was just out of bed when Rita showed up on the North Coast of Cuba, but I did the smart thing: I stayed home and got better just watching all the ruckus and hulaballo raised by the TV. As you know by now, the greatest majority of deaths are all directly due to the mass hysteria and evacuations directed by the media. It was sad to see the "mano a mano" taking place among the networks over the "ratings" and the future cash flow they represent. Not a drop of rain fell on Spring, TX - 20 miles north of Houston ...and we needed the rain.

I hope everybody else stayed off the highways and survived - both physically and economically.
It feels good to be back on the Forums.

Mr Montemayor,

It is nice to have you back in the forums. Please note that your shop is crowded with customers like us with all their well wishes. You can't avoid me being your guest on your 100th birthday.

Best wishes,

Good morning Art,

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell, but pleased to know you are on the mend and got through the storms OK. From the other side of the world all we know of the storms is what we see on TV, and I suspect this does not give the whole picture.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums again.
Regards
Harvey

I hope this jewish new year day (5766) signals Art Montemayor's full recovery. I wish him a quick regain of strength with a speedy return to his 4-5 miles-a-day. I'm confident that we, participants of eng-tips forums, shall gladly continue enjoying his judicious and authoritative advice for many more years to come.

Art,

Sort of thought something was amiss. I trust your recovery is progressing to your desires.

As far as the part of the country you live in, I lived there for 3-1/2 years and can certainly understand all the BS regarding the recent storm. I contacted a couple of folks (fellow gearheads) and they exercised their brains and stayed home. Sometimes I think certain individuals, politicians, or otherwise generate their own misery and spread it amongst others. The media certainly does not simplify matters either. Among other factors, I departed Houston for a "better" pasture to graze in.

Welcome Back!
-pmover

Montemayor,
Glad to have back to help us older folks. I looked around for you several times and like others was about to ask.
Just don't get carried away with the recovery. I had your problem after my heart surgery and came out just fine, but my brother rushed the recovery process and had one hell of a time.

Just remember the "Old Bull Philosophy"

Once there was an old bull and young bull on a hill with a pasture full of heifers below. The young bull spoke "let's run down there and get one" and the old bull's response was "no son let's walk down there and get them all"

Just take it easy. Glad to have you back.

unclesyd

i am on an off the threads depending on workload... nevertheless, this particular thread is satisfying in two ways...
1st to read that A.M. is well and back...
2nd that there is more to the threads than just eng-tips.

saludos.
a.

Art,
Welcome back. I lived in Houston in for about 3 years starting in 1995, up in Kingwood, and the wife and I enjoyed Spring a lot. I had some stents put in a couple years ago and had no complications, but exercise sounds scary and the weight's adding up. Keep pushing and don't overdo. It would have been nice to meet you in Spring.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back