Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moriseiki engine lathe products 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

metman

Materials
Feb 18, 2002
US
Google search gives me cnc lathes for Moriseiki. Can someone provide a link for Moriseiki engine lathes or do they no longer make such antiquated machine tools?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the link WCopley but this is the one referenced in my original post. If you click on "products" on their main page of the website, it gives ONLY cnc lathes in the lathe category.

What I need is: What MANUAL ENGINE lathe models that Moriseiki has made so that I can compare funtions/price and then look for a used one of the particular model that suits our needs. this way I know what model that a used machinery supplier should look for and what a reasonable price would be. Or I might look on e-bay or...

Hmmm -- I had high hopes of some help here. After returning to the Mori Seiki website, I could find no phone number but there is a system for contacting them via the
i-net to request catalogs which I did and a place such as this space for stating particular questions.

We shall see whether they still produce such products.

If you have not found the information on the Miri Seiki manual lathe yet , try this site.

They are into all kinds of old machines and somone there will surly be able to direct you. This site might be for domestic machines only so read the posting rules before hand. These kind of sites usualy have a place for off topic postings. Hope this helps.

Than you CouplingGuy. I registered for the site but must wait for official approval before I can post. Maybe some hope there.

Ihave a catalog showing most of the Mori-Seiki manual machines. If you send me an address I'll ail you a copy of it.

BPierson,

This would be very much appreciated. I have been working 60 hour weeks for the past few months else would have replied earlier.

Might not be a good idea to post my address here. could you email me at metman.in.Sandpoint@gmail.com? Then I can reply to you with my mailing address.

CouplingGuy, Thanks for the link. No help yet on the Mori-Seiki but did locate a manual at that site for a Dekel tool and cutter grinder which we now have a copy of.

best regards

I don’t think Mori Seiki has sold manual machines for several years. Depending on the size there are several companies that make good manual lathes. Be cautious of the Chinese makes.

exactly my point EdDanzer. We've got one those. I guess the old saying fits, "anyone can make good parts on a good lathe but it takes a real machinist to make good parts on a second rate machine."

I am not saying that I am not a real machinist but it sure does not help productivity to work on second class equipment but then timing is everything. We can't all start with the best even if you do sometimes get what you pay for. However, if you make that saying your credo (minus the sometimes), one might wait a loooong time to get started on any project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back