Mouse pointer lags when moving. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPHESQ

Computer
Apr 4, 2013
US
Hello everyone,
I'm new to Draftsight, I've just got this one problem at the moment and my mouse cursor/pointer lags when moving around the drawing, but moves at normal speed outside the drawing area. I've checked my mouse settings in control panel and every thing looks good. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.!

G.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't have DraftSight on this laptop, so I can't check right now, but it might have its own cursor controls under the Tools/Options/User Preferences menu.

If not, perhaps the graphics card in your computer is not powerful enough for the drawing window operation.

Hi:
I have exactly the same problem as george but with windows 7-64.
This problem does not manifest with windows xp 32. Any suggestions?

Regards

I am having a slightly different but perhaps related problem.
If I type a command, say "line", it takes a full 3 seconds before the mouse will respond to any input. Then I can proceed to pick points with only a brief in response after each click.

Oddly, if I click the "line" button, the initial pause in response is much shorter, however, the pause after each successive click is a bit longer.

This is on a Dell Precision M4500, quad core i7, less than 3 years old, still under warranty, and all drives have recently been updated to the very newest. This is running Windows 7 x64. This happened both under the previous version of DraftSight, and also I just downloaded the newest version, and it still happens.

I use AutoCAD professionally on a daily basis, and would entertain switching to DraftSight, but not at the expense of 3 seconds per command. If DraftSight is trying to lure us away from AutoCAD and entice us to move up to their higher end software, this is not the way to do it. This is the sort of thing that will make us run away from DraftSight and never look back.

Any ideas?

I've had a lot of performance issues with DraftSight as well, the same type of "lockup" or delay you're talking about, on very basic commands too. I've been using it for a couple of years, so it's been several releases, and running on a well equipped work station. Must be a core problem with the programming code I guess.

Hi all,

2 years of being a Draftsight user with a lot of use. however a major hard drive failure this last week has caused me to have to rebuild the whole system. Forunately had all the drawings backed up. However the new download from DS today has left me stuck. The behaviour of the mouse pointer in the graphics area renders the programme unusable now. It jerks un predictably with the movement of the mouse and detaches, plus more fundamentally nothing will show in the graphics area. I can just about get something to "select" blind and then it shows as a dashed line with blue handles. I cannot change the background colours any longer but I do note some additional icons in the tool bars.

Have Dassault made a serious error in the updates? Have they upgraded the system requirements?

regards
steamerpoint

May have a partial solution to the problem. The system I have is quite basic but more than adequate to date. However the Intel G41 Chipset driver may be partly at fault. It has always served in the past. The clean new Windows 7 installation installed the standard drivers. Used Control Panel to "Update" the display drivers via the "Look Online" option. Search took about 5 minutes and new chipset driver software was downloaded.

Draftsight now operates roughly the same as it did previous to the HDD crash.

regards
steamerpoint

on May 31 I have described the same problem (mouse lag)..etc The only solution that
I could find was to change the integrated graphics on the motherboard (disabling it from the bios)
to a graphic card installed in the AGP slot. No more problems....
Cheers

I fixed it by changing application specific settings in my nvidia control panel, there was not an entry for draftsight, once I added it and forced the Nvidia card as the preferred graphics processor for draftsight, restarted the program, everything was smooth.

Hi,
I have a similar problem with Draftsight. After any commands when you press enter it takes 2 to 3 seconds to work.
AutoCAD on the same computer works well.
Re-install did not work.

Any suggestion?

Ron

Still have issue on a blank drawing. Mouse tracking is awful, not even close to acceptable. Brand new Dell XPS i7 4GB RAM AMD Fire Pro V4900. All drivers up to date. Running current version of DS. Any thoughts?

Try opening properties with right-click on Computer, then "Advanced system settings". Now you have "System Properties" dialog, choose "Advanced" tab and "Settings" button under "Performance" group. Now you have "Performance Options" dialog. In "Visual Effects" tab choose "Adjust for best appearance" radio control and click button "Apply" Now try DraftSight. If this has solved your problem then you can play with checkboxes (options) to find right combination for you.

Playing around, I have found that DraftSight needs "Use visual styles on windows and buttons" and "Enable desktop composition" options turned on.

Active hidden items from view and go to:

C:\users(user's name)\AppData\Roaming\DraftSight

Then delete all the contents of this folder (all folders and files)

Then start again Draftsight.

The problem is solved!

Draftsight builds again all the contents of that folder, compatible with your current computer settings.

"C:\users(user's name)\AppData\Roaming\DraftSight"

Anyone know the equivalent location in Linux? What are the file or folder names in that location?
Draftsight worked ok before but now I get mouse pointer lag when moving over a few concentric circles, severe lag when moving over dimensions on a rather simple drawing about 50-60kB size.

@badservo : " ~/.config/DraftSight " with debian-like systems, but erasing the whole dir didn't change anything for me : mouse pointer speed is normal on classical DraftSight windows but very slow (unusable) into the CAD window.

DraftSight 2015 SP2

The mouse cursor problem is most likely related to the version of DraftSight, probably not your Linux or Ubuntu configuration. Due to system corruption caused by a failed kernel upgrade (fixed with sudo apt-get purge linux-image-3.2.0-84-generic) I had to update to a newer version of Draftsight but found the slow mouse cursor made the program unusable. A complete uninstall of 11.2.001 and a reinstall of 11.0.450 fixed the mouse issue. 11.0.450 has some very annoying bugs but at least it is viable (as long as you are not working on anything very important). My machine utilizes a standard Intel motherboard with on-board GPU. Intel GPU based systems are the most common computers sold but some software companies have not yet realized they need to test with those types of systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back