Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse Pointer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HayBale

Civil/Environmental
Feb 4, 2003
US
What causes the mouse pointer to traverse underneath objects instead of above them (as is the norm)? I am using Acad 2004 running on widows 2000. How can I fix this? Thanx in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Which objects are you referring to?

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right "
.. Henry Ford

All objects that have been drawn with autocad; i.e, a leader, hatch, a wide pline, etc. The mouse cursor is not particular, it passes under instead of above all drawn objects. It only occurs in a particular drawing which makes me think there is a setting that needs toggling. I have tried inserting into a new dwg to no avail. I am open to suggestions, any suggestions.

The objects wouldn't happen to be the same color as the cursor would they?

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right "
.. Henry Ford

This problem has obviously been somewhat of a challenge to understand (or fix). I wish there were a way to upload a bmp or jpg file to show you. I think you would get the picture (pun intended) thereby understanding the situation a little better. Does anyone know of a reputable Acad customer support outfit? Thankyou in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back