Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mouse Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

danoo

Mechanical
Jul 27, 2007
US
I'm having problems with my middle mouse button on a Logitech wheel button mouse. The problem is when I attempt to hold down the middle button to spin my model, some times it spins and sometimes it does not. The mouse is new. I'm just wondering is there a sitting that I need to change or add in the tools - options folder to correct the problem.

Thanks,
Danoo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Some people have had various driver related mouse problems. Try doing a search. I'm using a Logitech MX500 mouse but I just use the Microsoft mouse driver that came on the system version 5.1.2600.0. Old but stable. I'm no fan of MS but I try to load as little 3rd party software as possible.

I have been using Logitech mice for quite some time now and have found them to be very reliable. However, the latest versions tend to have a very stiff tactile switch for the middle button. It feels like the button has "clicked" but Pro doesn't acknowledge the action until you press harder and you will hear another click when the tact switch finally engages.

The best solution I have is to open up the mouse and remove the coil spring, replacing it with a rigid member. The tact switch has enough spring force designed in so you do not need the additional wire spring. The middle button will now have a softer feel and a positive engagement to the switch. I have done this on my two mice (MX Revolution, love them, the ergo and button customization can't be beat) and on a co-workers MX 1000

Mice issues in Pro/E are not new, there are plenty of post of people having problem with their mice. If you ask PTC, they'll tell you to run a windows standard driver, though you loose mouse functionality. I have a Logitech MX Revolution, with the latest update and so far it runs smoothly. I also use the 3D Connexion Space Pilot, and it really great value!!! Once you are used to it, it saves about 30% of time panning, zooming, rotating, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back