Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Move start point in blends 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankietankie

Industrial
Aug 5, 2004
US
I cannot find the menu for moving the starting points for blends. I am using Pro E 2001. It defaults to the start of the sketch but sometimes it needs to be moved. the book says to use SEC TOOLS >> START POINT but I cannot find a SEC TOOLS option or prompt when I do this. Am I missing something in the config.pro file. where can I find the SEC TOOLS Menu so I can toggle from sections and mover the start point.

Thanks Much

pbindahouse@yahoo.com

Your help is appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

What I think you need to do is to select the vertex (this can be quite tricky_ where you want the start point, then select SKETCH --> FEATURE TOOLS --> START POINT.

----------------------------------
Hope this helps.

maybe only a drafter
but the best user at this company!

Thanks for your reply

The feature tools tool on the pull down menu is often not dark and I am unable to select it do you know why this might be?

Thanks

Bill

Hello,

You need to select the point where the start arrow is to be, use the arrow in the SKETCHER TOOLS Toolbar, highlight the vertex. Ensure the 'target' symbol is on the vertex, then select SKETCH --> FEATURE TOOLS --> START POINT.

It is greyed out, I guess, because it needs a vertex to be selected first, the apply the start point to it.

Hope this helps.

maybe only a drafter
but the best user at this company!

I think the start point option is avalible on the Pop up menu when you click the point. To make sure you select the point make sure you have the vertices displayed and use the right click to activate Query Sel which will show you a list of nearby picks and you can select the point you want.

Another way would be to redefine the feature and change the start point that way if you have problems whithin sketcher.

Michael

Holding down the right mouse button once you've selected the new vertex should give you the start point option on the pop up menu. You will get errors if the start point is not the end of a line segment for open sketches though.

One thing I can't work out is how to change the direction of the arrow coming from the start point on a closed section for items such as blends where you want the vertices to fit together in a certain way.

The selection of the vertex with query sel should give you two options if you select the first point option it will point one direction if you select the other it will show the opposite.

Pick vertex and choose start point or
Pick vertex and tap right mouse button and then choose start point.

Another method would be to delete the line connected to the vertex so that the point on the end is the one you select then after it's pointing in the correct direction redraw the other line.

Michael

f82206af.jpg
AETD - LYNN, MA
-------------------------------------
Belcan "Advanced Engineering & Technology Division"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back