Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

MS Project Calculation for ACWP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGSmith

Electrical
Jun 5, 2009
US
I have been attempting to use MS Project to track my hours spent on a job, remaining work, percent complete, etc. I was recently asked to start tracking the earned value data as well....So, I saved a baseline, loaded labor rates and got some good data. The problem is, my ACWP does not agree with my actual hours spent on just some of the tasks. In other words, when I multiple labor rate times hours spent, most of the ACWP are correct but some are not. Of course, this is throwing off the cost numbers for the entire job. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've spent the day trying to figure this out...one more piece of info. It appears that MS Project is not calculating actual costs for any work performed ahead of schedule. So, I have resources that have completed 50% of a task (and spent 50%) of the budget but my schedule shows they should only have spent 25% of time & budget. MS Project stops calculating the actual costs after it hits the 25% mark. So, it is still not showing accurate costs in the ACWP field.

That does change BCWP but it doesn't impact ACWP. I need to track ACWP using spent hours that get reported to me weekly. Project isn't calculating ACWP for anything that is completed ahead of schedule...even though we are completing work and incurring cost.

You are right, I didn’t read carefully your question.

Check the status date and if it is still not working properly check the field named AC (Actual Cost) and compare that one to the ACWP .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back