Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSC Adams Tire slipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazPlestenjak

Mechanical
Dec 1, 2021
SI
Hi!

I am working with MSC Adams software. I have built a Formula Student model, which works fine, the only issue that i have is that contact between tires and road seems to not be correct. When I apply torque to the rear axis, the tire seems to slip way to much and I don't know how to correct this. Torque which I am appling should not make the tire slip (200Nm of torque, radius of tire is 200mm, which means force of 1000N). Tire is under load of 750N. Friction between road and tire is set at 2.0 (Umin), but even if I change it to 10 it doesnt really make difference. Tire should not slip in this conditions, but it does.

Can someone help regarding this? I am appending files of road and tire.

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So,

I have made a quick straight event. As you can see, during acceleration weight moves backwards and during breaking fowards. At all time there is weight under the tire, but when I apply torque to the rear axle it still slips (It still pushes the car foward, but the wheel is spinning more than it should and the acceleration is not as high as it should be). I think the problem is in tire file. When I change the tire, it slips even more. I have now change CSLIP to higher number, which made issue a little bit better, but not as it should be.

screenshot_wcbin1.png

The shape of the graph is what I expecr, but wheel should not loose grip at a very small torque. In my case any torque that I apply to the wheel there is some kind of slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back