Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSE Retaining Wall system design (redi-rock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngineerAll

Structural
Oct 26, 2005
GB
I used SRWall to design several MSE (redi-rock) retaining walls on a project. The governing city would like to see independent calculations. I am not aware of any other software to use other than SRWall. The only other way is by hand using the SRWall manual examples or maybe MATHCAD. The walls vary from 6ft to 35 ft in height with layers of geogrid. Does anyone know of any other cheap (free) way or software, or by hand method to do an independent check. I would like one of our in-house engineers to do the independent check as we did not budget for outside consultant.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

EngineerAll,

Start cranking out the hand calcs. You could probably use a spreadsheet to demonstrate the calculations for different sections, but you should perform at least one complete hand calculation to verify the spreadsheet formulae. If you don't already have it, I would recommend getting the document that is the basis for the software (TR 127 in this case, I believe) to ensure that your hand calculations conform to the design spec.

Jeff

Jeffrey T. Donville, PE
TTL Associates, Inc.

The views or opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of my employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back