Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSEW 3.0 & Strand7

Status
Not open for further replies.

salman85

Geotechnical
Dec 23, 2011
ID
Does anyone ever use MSEW 3.0?
where should i find the tutorial/walktrough?
Can Strand7 use to analysed MSE Structure?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm going to assume MSE is Mechanically Stabilised Earth.

I have never used MSEW 3.0 (or any other number).

Strand7 can be used to analyse MSE structures, and I've done it, but as a general purpose program it's obviously not set up for that purpose, and if you are wanting to produce a design for normal conditions it would be much easier to use a program that was intended for the purpose, or even set up your own calculations on a spreadsheet. Even for cross-checking purposes, it's going to be difficult to correllate Strand7 (or any FEA package) results to typical MSE design calculations.

I'd say the only times it would be worth considering using FEA for MSE wall design would be for unusual structures where the assumptions embedded in the standard design process may not be applicable, if you need to investigate the interaction of an MSE wall with other structures, or if you need predictions of settlements and rotations etc.

Doug Jenkins
Interactive Design Services

yeah, Mechanically Stabilized Earth..
i had both MSEW 3.0 & Strand 7, only trial license..in my country, SAP2000 and Plaxis are more familiar than STrand7 and MSEW 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back