Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

MSR38-D/DP safety relay circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin45

Electrical
Oct 10, 2016
US
I'm trying to understand MSR38-D/DP. The safety relays I am familiar with has redundant chains; a (+) channel and (-) channel. Looking at the diagram, MSR38-D/DP seems to have S11 & S12 as one chain, and S21 & S22 as the other chain. So, as the picture below shows, since the chain circuits are completed, I should get 24V when I put my meter leads across S11 & S21, right? But when I did that, I get no voltage, but the relay has two green LEDs on for the two output channels.

What confuses me more is the seconds diagram; how can S21 be connected to the reset (S34), and S22 connected to the (+) chain?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=65b24021-2a5d-45c4-9608-a91598d95173&file=msr38d.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

msr38d_m7zgcz.jpg

msr38dA_lkmfex.jpg

Keith Cress
kcress -

Good morning

" since the chain circuits are completed, I should get 24V when I put my meter leads across S11 & S21, right? "
No, those are both outputs to guards, Estop, ect.

" , but the relay has two green LEDs on for the two output channels "

The green led's indicate K1, K2 are closed.

" What confuses me more is the seconds diagram; how can S21 be connected to the reset (S34), and S22 connected to the (+) chain? "

The first diagram is for machine's with Reset buttons, if guard is opened it must be closed and a reset button must be pushed to clear error.

The second diagram is auto reset, the guard simply needs to be closed and error is cleared.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back