Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple DX coils for single condenser

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwhumes

Mechanical
Oct 30, 2002
US
Is it possible to serve several DX coils using one air-cooled condenser and if possible, what is the control strategy that I should use? Also, is there reference material (abstracts, etc) that I could access to help me with this problem?

Thanks for you help,
M.Humes

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, it can be done. You need to speak to a manufacturer for details of the correct product. Toshiba or Mitsubishi make such systems, they are commonly called multi-splits.

Hope this helps.

Cooky

Connecting multiple DX coils to a single condensing unit is done frequently, and to both air conditioning and refrigeration systems. Refrigeration systems with multiple evaporators will normally employ eprs (evaporator pressure regulators) when it is desired to operate the coils at different temperatures.

But there are many ways to control a multiple evaporator systems. You will need to be more specific about your application for me to suggest a control scheme.

HI Friends,

First, sorry about my poor english.
Cooky is correct as usual. As a HITACHI application engineer in Brasil, I must include HITACHI SET FREE System in the wall. see the site:
For a very simple explanation, the condenser unit works with INVERTER DRIVEN scroll compressor, that controls the service frequency, so, quantity of refrigerant that goes up to the coils (evaporators). Every coil has an electronic expansion valve (EXV), in time, controls (PID) individually each coil cooling/heating capacity by a temperature set/measure of each zone.

Stay Cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back