MV cables crossing a Pipeline with cathodic protection 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastergate

Electrical
Apr 22, 2011
MA
Hi All

I have a case with an underground pipeline (equipped with cathodic protection) that I need to cross with a MV cables underground trench and couldn't find some reference or litterature regarding the possible impacts of the MV lines on the cathodic protection, minimum clearance...

Appreciate if anyone can support on this or provide some helpful reference standards.
Thanks & Regaards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Crossing pipelines with cables, especially buried ones, is not a big issue. happens all the time.

Overhead high voltage (> 30kV) in parallel can cause issues if you don't do something about it, but it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Min clearance is usually 300-500mm - depends on the pipeline owner. But this is purely for protection against impact.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

MV and crossing rather in parallel are low risk, it is probably not a concern, if further it is a multiplex/multicore I would not be concerned at all.

As noted above clearance concern is more defined by future maintenance considerations and utility/owner requirements.

AS/NZS 4853 is the applicable standard to my region of the world. It may not apply from you, however in the reference pretext it may provide some insight into other relevant/international standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back