Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MXroads Vs. InRoads

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgarlick

Aug 4, 1999
We are considering to purchase either MX Road and Inroads. I am looking for comments from users of both software.<br>
<br>
We plan to use it strictly for Roadway Design (mostly freeways)<br>
<br>
We are currently S8 Users, so I guess it only gets better.<br>
<br>
Some areas that we would like comment are:<br>
- Alignment<br>
- Sections <br>
- Sections<br>
- Quantities<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think that MXRoad is not a good software. I bought it two years ago and I can`t use it because it's supprot department does`nt work well

cgarlick,

Though I personally haven't used InRoads by Bentley, I have worked closely with highway engineers who have and I was impressed with it. We used AutoTurn with MicroStation as well.

VOD

I have used Inroads and I find it a better product because of the support available. But, since we have made the move to Geopak it is a tough call. Geopak has a large support system from not just the company but users as well. Here is a example of one of the support systems available: There are also DOT web sites that have written all the criteria files to help you as the user standardize your system. Check them out and see. Good luck.

Another advantage of the current version of InRoads is that it can be used with either AutoCad or Microstation. I've used both InRoads and Softdesk and prefer to use InRoads.

Selectcad is by far the superior software for Microstation V8. The DTM's and the intelligent model are the best. Your mapping is your model in InRoads. Cross-section editor is a little confusing at first, however when mastered, it is the best. Regression Analysis is useful for establishing existing cl's. Roadway design package with templates and horizontal and vertical controls are useful for highway design with an emphasis on &quot;box widening&quot; and overlays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back