US
My assembly model when I select Front plan/normal it tilted
11.5 degree. How do I line it up again.

Thanks
An

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might have several problems there.

1. Right-click your first part in the assembly and tell it to float--it's probably fixed right now. Then, orient your first part to line up with the planes in your assembly ("straight"). The rest of your parts will probably follow your first part accordingly, depending how you mated them. There are two reasons this may have happened. 1) You didn't build the geometry in your first part model lined up with your three major planes. 2) You floated the first part when you added it to your assembly, or you deleted the first part from your assembly and the current first part was never fixed.

2. If your first assembly part was built out of alignment of your major planes, you should probably fix that unless it's absolutely necessary--that would be a strange way to build a part.

Try those things and also check help for building assemblies--that might offer some solutions I haven't thought of.

Good luck,

Jeff Mowry
Industrial Designhaus, LLC

Or try this...
Hit the <space> bar and click the "Reset Standard Views" icon. (possible that this was accidentally changed)

Remember...
&quot;If you don't use your head,
your going to have to use your feet.&quot;

For future use. Remember than the origin and basic coordinate system of mathematical space is fixed. In fact it is the only thing that is fixed - it's your starting universe. Try to bear this in mind in future projects and make sure you start off oriented appropriately. It may seem obvious to most of us, but not necessarily to all of us. It depends where we are coming from.

John Richards Sr. Mech. Engr.
Rockwell Collins Flight Dynamics

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Does your feature manager tree have a "(-)" in the tilted part?

If yes, there's not enough constraints in your part and it can move or tilt in any moment (if you insert another component and start to making mates, the unconstrained part will move)

If no, then your part is constrained, but you have not done properly the mates. You must revise your mates to find out what is causing this behaviour and modify it (or delete it and make a new one).

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back