Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Excel hates my Solidworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie4

Mechanical
Sep 30, 2005
US
I have two problems they both have to do with Solidworks and Excel playing nice with each other..

The first While editing deign tables I can not use the excel menu functions if I just "Edit Table" If "Edit table in new window" all works fine. I have foun that if I Insert>Objet> Excel worksheet then save the part delete the inserted table my Excel menu bar will function fine. I'm guessing there is a registry or library not loading proerly but I could use some help figuring it out.

The second is in an drawing Insert>Table>Excel based Bill of materials is always greyed out. I have reinstalled Office and soldiworks but nothing helps. The regular BOM function works but I need to use a Excel based BOM's. I can not find any solution or work around for this one.

Currently Running:
Soildworks 2006 SP3.0
Microsoft Office 2000 SP-3
Windows 2000 SP-4
2.6 Pentium 4 w/HT
2 Gb ram
and over 80Gb free space

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

First Problem ... You can access the Excel commands via the RMB.

Second Problem ... You have to pre-select (highlight) a view to activate the Excel BOM option. Or you do prior to SW06 anyway. I assume SW06 is the same.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Right Mouse Button

[green]"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."[/green]
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back