Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

My first VBA Excel program doesn't port to new computer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundhog1

Electrical
May 4, 2003
US
I developed my first Excel program and it works great on the computer on my desk. Last night I tried to run it on the manufacturing computer and it has a compile error.

I can't totally remember the error message and I am not at work right now, but I will update this post shortly. It make me think that one of my functions wasn't being recognised from one VBA module to the next.

Any wild ideas you have at this point will be welcome.

Thanks,
groundhog

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It may have to do with referencing the libraries whose functions you're calling - this also applies to functions from other add-ins. Go to Tools-References and see if you need to add a reference there.

Cheers,
Joerd

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Yes, it seems I am missing some Visio dll files.
It shows
missing VIsio 11 type
missing Visio 11 dwg cntl

They reference dll files and i will put them on the new computer.

Yes that did it.
My fight-or-flight panic response is going down now.
It needed some Visio dll files.
I have Visio on my desk computer, but not on the mfg machine.

Thankyou,
groundhog

Groundhog,

Not to rain on your parade, but you might want to make sure those Visio dll's are legally redistributable. Should say so in the Visio documentation if they are.

Regards,
Mike

I thought of this later, but shouldn't I be able to go to the references and just unclick those items?

I did create bmp cartoons of the test setup in Visio, but I don't see why the spreadsheet really needs those dll files.

groundhog

Sounds good to me. If you don't use anything from the Visio.dll, like a function, an object class, or a sub, then you don't need it, and you can just remove it from the references.

Cheers,
Joerd

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back