Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Nanocopper CO2 catalyst û???? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmw

Industrial
Jun 27, 2001
GB
From MIT comes news of a new paper claiming that nanocopper catalysts can help convert CO2 to CH4......

This seems a bit like perpetual motion to me. You burn fuel (including CH4) and get CO2 and H2O etc. and then convert the CO2 back into fuel?

But the claim is that it will reduce greenhouse gases.... well not really. Methane is also a greenhouse gas.... that's why all the fuss about cow farts. Except presumably it will get converted straight back into CO2 when used as a fuel again.....

If this were from the usual sources with fancy graphic web sites and a list of directors that outnumber everyone else and calls for investment I'd know where I stood. But MIT and a link patent? And unless the original press release was on the 1st of April and not the 11th.......
Oh my head hurts. I'm off to the pub.

JMW

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Bruno, I was joking.

There seems to be people who do bad things in order to line there own pockets. It seems to start with difficult to believe theories, and a good sales job. And end with someone being much more richer, and someone much poorer.

And I find this theory difficult to make practicle and useful.

Personally, the whole Solyndra thing smells like collusion to me (But the disclamer, I don't know all the facts).

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Anyone know who said it???

And this one . . . .???

“The greater the lie, the greater the chance that it will be believed”

It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong, than to be always right by having no ideas at all.

ornerynorsk, my guess is it is the same person who stated that logic and reasoning were tricky things and would lead you astray, but your emotions could be trusted, they never lie.

Regards,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back