Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NASTRAN/FEA GUIDELINES FOR AEROSTRUCTURES? 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIstress

Structural
Dec 19, 2004
US
Can anyone recommend texts/papers/websites/etc that provide guidelines for finite element modeling of aerostructures, preferably with regard to NASTRAN? I've been doing FEA for a long time, but very little of my experience is with aerostructures/boxbeam modeling, analysis, and (especially)the results interpretation for downstream use in detail stress work. From the research I've done so far, it seems the big aero companies (I don't work for one) have their own published guidlines on proper use of NASTRAN; I was wondering if there are more publicly available sources with similar content. The FEA of aerostructures seems like a world all its own (e.g., model your spars with rods and shear panels, include only this much skin, and interpret your output just so, in order to do subsequent detail stress work on web buckling and rib crushing). Hopefully you folks that do this kind of thing for a living (work for FEA group in a big aero company?)will know just what I mean, and point me in the right direction. Thanks all.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

39minuteman:

I just downloaded the material, and it looks very good indeed. A big star for you--hope it's up there by now. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back