Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

[NASTRAN] Temperature in SOL 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sersoura

Sep 20, 2018
FR
Hello everyone!

I've got an annoying problem with my SOL 101 submission on Natsran.

I apply a temperature on my model's nodes in order to use this temperature to assign to each element the appropriate material values (MATT1 and TABLE).
I applied this temperature with a TEMP,10000 and a TEMPD,10000 in the Bulk Data. I then call them in the Case with TEMPERATURE(Material)=10000.

The problem is that there is an error in the F06:

*** USER FATAL MESSAGE 2044 (TA1)
UNDEFINED TEMPERATURE SET 10000

I don't understand where is the problem... I should work!

Does someone have any clue on where the problem is pls?

Sara.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@JXB0809 Thank you for your answer!

No, I don't have a TEMP(INIT)= 10000.

Do you mean TEMPERATURE(INITIAL) ? As I know this one is for non linear calculations.

Alright @karachun!
So hereinafter is my .bdf:
SOL 101
CEND
ECHO = NONE
LOAD = 50000
SPC = 1000
TEMPERATURE(MATERIAL)= 10000

SUBCASE 1
TITLE=L1-EFFORTS
SUBTITLE=L1-EFFORTS
MPCFORCES(PRINT)=5

BEGIN BULK
PARAM POST -1
PARAM GRDPNT 0
PARAM PRTMAXIM YES
$
INCLUDE '../../01_FEM/FEM.dat'
INCLUDE '../../01_FEM/01_AERO_LOADS/Temperature.dat'
INCLUDE '../../01_FEM/01_AERO_LOADS/Force.dat'
INCLUDE '../../01_FEM/02_BOUNDARY_CONDITIONS/Boundary_Conditions.dat'

$ Pression (Efforts) 0.1 pour daN 1.3
LOAD 50000 1.3 0.1 1

Here is a part of the "Temperature.dat":
TEMP,10000,1207504,25.7538
TEMP,10000,1207505,25.7538
TEMP,10000,1207506,25.9488
TEMP,10000,1207507,25.8922

Not too familiar (except that we can export to Nastran from Strand7, hence I know the format a bit), so it is just a guess.

The message 2044 description is:
2044.0 *** USER FATAL MESSAGE 2044 (USRMSG)
UNDEFINED TEMPERATURE SET %1
User information:
The referenced temperature set was selected in the Case Control
but not defined in the Bulk Data.

In the Nastran manual the TEMPERATURE(MATERIAL) = is part of the case control, but you have defined it at the top (would perhaps expect it after subcase 1). Another possibility is that it does not read the temperatures (format perhaps). Perhaps the error does not have anything to do with the case and not being defined in the bulk data, but the only things I can think of based on this error message are those 2.

Not sure, but perhaps you might get more feedback if you post it in the Nastran forum rather then a general FEA forum.

Thank you Erik for your answer!

Actually, in this case it doesn't matter if you put the TEMPERATURE(MATERIAL)=10000 before or inside the subcase. Since when you put a Case Control command before the subcases, you apply this command to whole set of subcases defined in the Case Control section. I actually have other subcases in this bdf, and as I want to apply the TEMPERATURE to all the subcases, I put the TEMPERATURE before these subcases.
Hope it makes sense!

And yes I think Nastran doesn't read the temperature input TEMP,10000,... correctly. The think is that I don't see why it doesn't.

I will try to post the thread in the Nastran forum.

Thank you!

Many thanks, for your feedback also., I checked it out and it is as you say put it before and it becomes a global case just as you want.

Not sure, about the format, of the temp.dat file. Actually I found a small example and it is the same as you have (TEMP,,,,), so perhaps the error is related to something else. Is there a log file with some additional information that might give a clue.

Indeed the error is linked to something else! I ckecked the log file and the temperature.dat include was actually not read by Nastran.

This was because, basically, I forgot an "ENDDATA" at the end of my INCLUDE '../../01_FEM/FEM.dat'!!
So Nastran stoped reading the .bdf at the FEM include line. Since the Temperature include was comming just next, it wasn't read and Nastran was giving a fatal error!

FEM calculations [peace]...

Anyways, thank you Erik for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back