Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Native UG Bitmaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdwispe

Mechanical
Jun 3, 2004
BE
Hi guys,

can you somewhere extract the native UG bitmaps?
I want to tweak one of the bitmaps, but I cannot find these native UG bitmaps.
I find in the .tbr files these bitmap names, but the location of them??

Working in UG NX 4.0.4 for this moment.

Grtz

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

They are hard-coded into the software. If you want to copy one, just do a screen capture with the toolbar open and paste into MS Paint or whatever you'll be using as your .bmp editor. Crop the image down to whatever size of icons you're using on your toolbars.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

If you can wait until Wednesday, I can upload a copy of the NX 4 bitmaps to the GTAC scratch area (I'm working from a hotel in the U.P. of Michigan on a wifi connection that is really slow but I'll be back in mm office on Wednesday if you can wait that long). I also have copies of the NX 5 and NX 6 bitmaps which I can upload for anyone who would like them as well.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
NX Design
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Brrr....[frosty2]

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - [small]Hunter S. Thompson[/small]

Thanks for this, the Helpdesk already mentioned these where embedded in some .dll file, and didn't knew how to extract them.
So I would appreciate this much John!

PS. NX5 and NX6 bitmaps are welcome as well...

Grtz,

Pascal

OK, I've uploaded the NX bitmaps for NX 4, NX 5 and NX 6.

They can be found, at least for the next couple of days, in the GTAC 'scratch' area. The file names are in the following format:

NX_4_Bitmaps_24x24.zip

Just replace the '4' with the version number you desire and the '24x24' with the size desired. Note that for NX 4 there are only three sizes available, 24, 32 and 48, while with NX 5 and NX 6 there are four, 16, 24, 32 and 48.

Anyway, have fun.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
NX Design
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back